General Purpose RTD Probes
- For high accuracy and sensitivity temperature measurements
- Linear and non-linear types to meet various needs
- Standard and custom designs available
Vulcan Electric Thermistors are ideal for temperature measurement where high sensitivity is required. These sensing probes are inherently more accurate than a thermocouple over a narrow temperature range and are often used where high temperature capability is not required. Vulcan Thermistor constructions are exceptionally stable and capable of maintaining calibration for a long period of time.
We offer two types of thermistors. Thermistor Elements is the simplest form of thermistor. Compact in size, these elements are commonly used when space is very limited. A wide variety of thermistor elements, which vary not only in form factor but also in their resistance versus temperature characteristics. Because thermistors are non-linear, the instrument used to read the temperature must linearize the reading. Linear Response Thermistor Elements are available for applications that require a thermistor with linear response to temperature change, consisting of a thermistor composite for temperature sensing and an external resistor composite for linearizing.
We have the capability to design and manufacture a large variety of standard and custom assemblies in different probe tube materials, diameters, and styles.
- Accuracy: one of the most accurate types of temperature sensors. Accuracies of +/-0.1 °C or +/- 0.2 °C depending on the particular thermistor model. The limitation is in the thermistor temperature range, working only over a nominal range of 0 °C to 100 °C.
- Stability: finished thermistors are chemically stable and not greatly affected by aging.